There are some crazy users on Flickr, and crazy means crazy in the best possible way, who like to share vintage images. Miss Magnolia Thunderpussy likes to share “some” stuff: almost six thousand of images divided in 90 sets and counting. It’s a paradise of 1940s and 1950s pictures, navy images from around the world, WWII images, pulp book covers, posters and more memorabilia. Among all those cool stuff, here are a list of suggestions (according to the posts of this blog). (via PCL LinkDump)
– British Posters from the Second World War: A selection of posters issued by various Government and non-Government bodies during the Second World War.
– Der Landser: with four hundred pictures taking during the WWII. Der Landser” was the name given to the ordinary German soldier in the Wehrmacht, and was used during both World Wars. The term is no longer used for German soldiers.
– Fruit & Vegetable Crate Labels: more than three hundred Examples of classic designs from the USA, Canada, Spain and Australia. I love this ad.
– Now read on . . . : Book jacket art. A hilarious collection with several pulp book covers.
– Posters from Occupied Netherlands – World War II. A selection mainly of Nazi and pro-German posters.
– Robert Doisneau: 65 pictures of this master of photography. He dismiss presentations, but just in case Robert Doisneau was a French photographer noted for his frank and often humorous depictions of Parisian street life.
– The Accordion and its role in world peace: 51 pictures of accordion players. Probably just for enthusiasts.
– The Saturday Evening Post: 18 beautiful covers of that classic American magazine.
– Transport & Travel Posters: 259 images of ads, pamphlets and posters.
– US Navy posters: mainly recruiting posters from World Wars I and II.
– Variety, Vaudeville & Circus Acts: Vintage photographs of performers and acts – from variety shows, vaudeville and burlesque shows, and circuses.
– Vintage Advertisements: 149 images of vintage magazine ads, from costumes to food.
– Vintage Advertising Posters: with 72 very pretty images, many of them are also on the “Transport and Travel Posters” set. The collection contains one of those vintage disturbing ads.
– Waves & Navy Nurse Corps Recruiting Posters – World War II, with fourteen posters.
The Art of War
Spanish Civil War
Museum of Russian Poster
Antique Produce Crate Labels
Posters of the Russian Civil War
Canadian War Poster Collection
Military Posters of 20th century
From Lebanon to Japan in Posters
The Saturday Evening Post Covers Collection
Top Posts & Pages
Tagsanimals animation art articles artist blogging blogs books cinema collection comics covers culture cute design films Flickr food French fun funny History humour illustration illustrator images Internet Japanese movies music news painting photographer photography pictures pin-ups posters reference science technology tools toys video vintage weird