Happy Blog Day to all of you. If you have no idea of what this is, here is a brief explanation:
Blog Day was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest. On that day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors.
With the goal in mind, on this day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. This way, all blog readers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, previously unknown blogs.
I have to say that it was tough choosing only 5 blogs, so please don’t be sad (or mad) if your blog isn’t on this list, I love all the blogs on my feeds blogroll in the same way. Maybe not, but I won’t tell the true right now. I chose 5 blogs which I don’t blog about as much as I want, that I “discovered” this last year, that weren’t “old” daily readings, which don’t have a huge number of readers and that had some similarity with the subject of this blog. Anyway, here it is:
- Alberto Montt is a fantastic Chilean illustrator with a daily blog (in Spanish). He was previously “blogged“, however, his blog keeps making me laugh. I’m suggesting his blog, because I would like to blog of several of his hilarious cartoons and that makes it a great blog read everyday.
- Children’s Illustration is written by Julie, who has an excellent taste for illustrations. The blog is not just about illustration for children. She also links to videos, animations and all kinds of lovely images. It’s a great for children of all ages and that’s why I chose it.
- Coisas (“Things” / “Stuff” in English) is a Portuguese blog full of neat stuff, as the name says. Ana, the blogger, blogs about design, illustration, art, gadgets, funny things, photography and more, much more interesting things. I love it for obvious reasons: we have a similar taste and it always has pretty things to see, and that makes me happy.
- Mira y Calla, which is on vacation, is a Spanish blog about pop culture. The posts always have catchy images and many links, with some explanation about them. Culture, photography, illustration, videos, art, curiosities, there is a bit of everything on it. The most links come from the blogs on the permant blogroll, and I read many of those, but I’m usually surprised with new cool sites.
- No fat clips!!! is a bilingual blog ( English and Italian) with short videos. The opposite of most videoblogs, this one is a blog, and it doesn’t have videos embed. It has links to animations, short films and music videos, some information on who created and produced them, and some extra links. Why do I think it’s so good? Well, it always gives links to the real creators (and doesn’t try to keep the visitors on his own blog), links are frequently update and it’s very fun, since I love videos – specially animations.
More BlogDay2007 on Technorati.