Hi guys, I hope you are having a loving night – or day. I selected some interesting news about internet and technology to blog in this amusing day. Let’s go to the latest news.
– Astronomy Picture of the Day posted an incredible picture of Americans Defeat Russians in First Space Quidditch Match (image above). But it doesn’t beat Water on Mars.
– Following the steps of several social sites, Slashdot started to use a rating system similar to Digg, but open to everybody – no registry is required. Choose an article and vote. (image)
– From the French site Techno-Science: Découverte d’un miroir gravitationnel: observer la Terre du passé (discovered a gravitational mirror). The text is in French, but the very illustrative image has the text in English.
– Interesting and scary news from Mobile Gazette: Will Mobile Phones Destroy the Earth? The interview with the Professor Dummkopf explains why we should be afraid. (screenshot)
– If you are a Metafilter user don’t forget to visit Ask MetaFilter and help to solve some questions. The doubts could be interesting for non users too.
– PC Magazine has a very nice article about Haptics Turns Phones into Weapons.
– The Swedish torrent site The Pirate Bay announced in its blog: Finaly a permanent solution for the hosting. Today we announce that we’re moving some of our servers to the North-Korean Embassy in Stockholm, Sweden. (screenshot)
– The Australian on-line community Gush decided to redo Gush as a myspace page because it’s a place where there’s heaps of young people, so they can get so many more people involved! (screenshot)
– The excellent internet and web 2.0 site TechCrunch Has Acquired FuckedCompany.com. More details, including the press release on the Techcrunch and Fuckedcompany 2.0 sites. (image)
– Reg Hardware, a The Register site, says that Research reveals mislaid microprocessor megahertz. Not only are chip companies regularly releasing ever-faster microprocessors, but new research has revealed that modern CPUs actually lose megahertz over time.
– The Warcraft Universe wiki site, WoWWiki, was redesigned, changed the name to MeoWWiki and it looks much better now! (screenshot)
– This sounds great: New Eco-Friendly Computers, a Sharpened article.
– Whirlpool News says Mandatory ISP filtering will block P2P. The federal government has shocked industry by rushing a bill through parliament that will compel ISPs to block all P2P traffic. (screenshot)
Top Posts & Pages