The winners of AniBOOM Awards 2006 were announced weeks ago. Among the 1,700 entries from 70 countries submitted to the contest there are many so-so works and there are also some little pearls that worth the visit. A good way to start exploring the site is checking the winners:
– Beton by Ariel Belinco and Michael Faust won the prize for best drama. The day to day life of a military world is disturbed by the appearance of a black kite behind its high walls. The army annoyed by the existence of this kite in its clear blue sky, decides to solve the problem. It’s brilliant.
– Chaos Theory by Conspiracy was the winner in the experimental category. “One Constant Remains.” An up-tempo, high-energy journey through various representations of entropy – all compressed into a 64 kilobyte executable.
– Mr. Fortune by Eric Lerner won in the category Music Videos. It’s another beautiful day in the life of Mr. Fortune, an example to us all of how to live a zen existence. With music by Ariel Einfeld, Eric Lerner used the 3D animating program Maya together with Digital Video.
– The Grand Prize went to the excellent silhouette style animation Bendito Machine by Jossie Malis. It’s a modern tale about power, religion, sex and money.
– The winner for the category funny was Humans! by Three Legged Legs. I talked about it before, but it’s never enough say that it’s a wonderful animation.It’s a 60 second global awareness PSA sensationalizing the excessive, all-consuming nature of the human being. This cute and naïve Earth stands no chance against such an insatiable parasite. Witness its utter demise in a fun and sickening kind of way.
– They had also curious category named crapy, which winner was Back In Bush!, a parody of AC/DC’s “Back in Black” by Anita Drieseberg. Rock on with George Bush and lead guitarist Dickie C as they try for a record THIRD term in office! Don’t underestimate it, it’s really nice if you don’t agree with Bush’s politics.
Top Posts & Pages