La Linea

La Linea

La Linea is a fantastic example that good cartoons can use a clean style. La Linea is an Italian cartoon series created in 1972 by Osvaldo Cavandoli.

The cartoon features a man walking on an infinite line. The man himself is drawn using one line and is a part of the line he is walking on. The character encounters obstacles and often turns to the cartoonist to draw him a solution. The background color changes as mood or feelings of the character change, but most of the series was black and white. The cartoon was originally used for advertisements, before the animated series was created.

TV5 has 35 episodes to watch on-line, just choose one by the name. Another option is watch some of them at Daily Motion. The episodes available are 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 08, 101, 105, 107, 110, 112, 114, 116, 125, 126, 127, 132, 133, 138, 149, 154. Don’t miss a funny episode (and I’m not sure if that is an original) with the title La Sexilinea and this funny parody. (via wmmna)

Update: TV5 updated the page with La Line videos, and now there are 56 animations to watch there! Cool.

This entry was posted in animation, video and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to La Linea

1. Dibyo says:

Hey, this is an awesome blog. I came upon this via Drawn, and I’m sure going to be checking out the entire blog for the next month. *bows*

2. P-E Fronning says:

Wow! Now you’ve really been working! Great job! The Dodos are very content!

Thanks Dibyo! 🙂
    Hey P-E, don’t use the dodos! Poor little birds, they are drunk with your wine!

4. P-E Fronning says:

“Use” the dodos!!! What do you take me for, some kind of pervert?!!! But they are drunk 🙂

😀 I wanted to say that you are using them as an excuse because you know that I don’t want to disappoint them. And please keep the wine away from them,you know that they can’t control themselves when it’s about wine.

6. Hemaworstje says:

cute , i have been staring at la Linea when i was a small kid , little black and white tv s, no colortv available , two channels , and we were happy , now my kids want lcd screen , xbox, the works , and watch horrific bad animations and bored as hell. Progress..

Oh, I want a LDC too Hemaworstje! 🙂 I never saw this cartoons, until found them. They are great! I think that most of the new cartoons are very boring and I hate those with people killing and spamking each other. Super boring. :-/