Change the Job!
– Jeremy Zawodny left Yahoo to go to work for Google.
– Robert Scoble left Microsoft and announced that he’s going to Google.
– Since there is an opening Matt Cutts is joining Yahoo!
– Press Release: Meetro Acquires Friendster: Meetro, the world leader in Instant Messaging software announced today it has entered into an agreement to acquire Friendster, one of many social software sites for keeping in touch with friends and hooking up with new people.
– The Register has bad news: China buys Google.
– More bad news: Yahoo! Search blog announced : All Your Web 2.0 Are Belong To Us. Oh no!
– Ask.com announced today the introduction of RhymeRank, an innovative search technology capable of producing related search results that rhyme with a searcher’s original query. The new product is located on the right-hand side of the Ask search results page, under the heading, “Rhyme Your Search.”
– Opera Software launches Opera Models. It is a groundbreaking new online photo library that aims to offer realistic images of normal people and how they really use technology in their everyday lives.
– News Forge news: Torvalds and OSDL launch new image initiative. Faced with former Massachusetts CIO Peter Quinn’s harsh appraisal of the real reason behind the “inertia” of Linux in the business world, Linus Torvalds and OSDL have come up with an action plan for rebranding the Linux image and the image of its core developers.
– SlashMinds: I am pleased to announce that Slashdot, leading community for nerds everywhere, has acquired Electric Minds to create SlashMinds, a new branded community focusing on the interaction needs of the geeks among us.
– Steve Rubel decided to join forces with Jeremy Pepper and put the PR in PR: PepperRubel.
– WordPress Development Blog announced WordPress and Textpattern are joining forces to create the greatest CMSMS ever, WordPattern.
More: at Wikipedia’s article April 1, 2006, Urgo’s 2006 list of April Fool’s Jokes on Websites, my photoset April Fool’s Day, del.icio.us/bibi/aprilfool and April Fools Archives (if the webmaster fix that, and it’s not a joke).
Top Posts & Pages