The Peculiar Art of Mr. Frahm

A Fare Loser

If you are a pin-up fan, as I’m, you had to ask to yourself “why the hell Art Frahm made that series of pin-ups with pink panties that fall down inpublic?” But finally I found someone that made the same question and created a theory at The Peculiar Art of Mr. Frahm: a study of the effects of celery on loose elastic.

In most of these illustrations, the woman looks at the viewer with a mixture of shock and embarassment, but that’s a waste of time: we’re supposed to salivate at her, not with her.
To make matters worse, she not only has lost her underwear and her composure, but there’s a fat leering John Wayne Gacy type behind her, grinning with glee: he cannot believe his luck. No prowling the town for a filly tonight – here’s one whose panties have fallen clean off of their own accord, and she doesn’t even know I’m here!

So ladies, don’t forget this advice: if you are using an old fashioned pink pantie don’t buy celery, ok? More Art illustrations at Art Frahm, Pinup Art (German site), PinUp Paradise, Pinups de Art Frahm, Pin-up.ru, The Painted Anvil, The Pin-up Files and this Italian gallery.

This entry was posted in illustration, pin-ups and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The Peculiar Art of Mr. Frahm

1. Kevin says:

You linked James Lileks! I’ve been a fan of his writing for *years*!

I didn’t notice. 🙂 I found the page searching for Art Frahn.

3. bill says:

Speaking as someone whom is often found dabbling in Poser and limited by the medium, my own skill and my computer, I’m always searching for a nice hook and a trademark for any of my humble creations.
    Darn… The celery stick in a grocery bag one is already taken!
    Pinup art rules 😀

4. Bibi's box says:

Whoops!

Whoops!: The Grocery Bag & Panties Series. The set of pictures is a homage to the cheesecake illustrations of Art Frahm. It’s a cool work. To be more perfect the panties had to be pink, the food packages had to be celery, well, some of them have, …

5. Bibi's box says:

Whoops!

6. gary w. says:

every time i see this picture of the sweet young thing losing her panties, i can imagine what it would be like to be the bus driver in this picture. my first reaction if i were there would be “let me help you mamm as your hands are full” I would then proceed to help her with her dilema, and might possibly get side-tracked at some point with my tongue getting lost in her crotch, while i helped her get her panties in position. beautiful thought anyway, guess i’am just a romantic nut.