French Videoclips

France Gall et Serge Gainsbourg - Les sucettes
Some time ago I made a post telling that I couldn’t find many things about Mylène Farmer and Alizèe in video. Well, the problem was solved because I found good number of videoclips and TV presentation of them at YouTube. If you want to see just their videoclips and don’t want to search for all that you can find don’t worry, I made playlists of Alizèe> and Mylène.
Maybe you prefer the French songs from 60’s? I like them a lot, and that’s why I created a playlist with 60’s French pop too. It has few videos of Françoise Hardy, France Gall, Michel Polnareff, Jacques Dutronc, Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot. I didn’t make an accurate search and that’s why I think you can find more videos like those. If you find more, please let me know.
Jacques Brel - Madeleine
There are zillions of videos at YouTube, what means that if you like of some group or song, or if you are searching for some animation, commercial or short-film, there is a big probability that you find something there. I also recommend you visit Scopitones for more 60’s French musical videos (the scopitones) and more vintage musical video curiosities. My favourite scopitone is now Jacques Brel singing “Madeleine”.
Still talking about French music, if you like it watch also an adorable claymation videoclip of Marc Lavoine & Bambou Dis-Moi Que L’amour and read the Filles Sourires post En Duo: Marc & Les Filles.
Update: There are no more videos or lists at YouTube. They deleted everything.

This entry was posted in music, video and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to French Videoclips

1. regine says:

i also found this hilarious clip of claude francois singing the comic strip with jodie foster

Ah… that one super kitsch. 🙂
    I also uploaded it yesterday, but I didn’t put it on the 60s playlist. Too 70s… it deserves your own list. And if you make a search you are going to find one more video of Jodie Foster singing in French.

3. kirkley says:

you are awesome. excellent post.

4. Matt says:

Great – but I didn’t know that April March’s Chick Habit was just a copy of your first video, Laisse Tomber Les Filles? What a ruse!
    I really like her Chrominance Decoder album which I discovered via your blog.
    Matt

5. Frank Smadja says:

Bibi –
    I really love your collection of French clips – I laughed so much when I saw the one with Serge Gainsbourg and Whitney Houston. Drucker was great by the way.
    I tagged all my favourite on RawSugar –
    Frank

6. Carolina says:

Hello Bibi 🙂
    It was just yesterday that I found out about YouTube and I just have to say it is such a great place for video lovers! I loved many videos of the 60s there, and I noticed that many of them were yours. You’ve got such a great taste in music! I specially loved the French videoclips, I love all about French 60s music and scopitones. You know where I can find videos of Johnny Halliday??
    Cheers
    Carolina

7. terry says:

They have the clip of Michel Polnareff, “La Poupee Qui Fait Non”.
    How can we have ( download ) it???

Thanks for all the nice comments! 🙂
    Terry, I have no idea, just making a search, or using a Video Downloader to download it from You Tube as a swf format.