I’m not American, but I’m a polite girl (most of the time) and need/ want to wish happy Thanksgiving to my readers. So:
I have some links about it too people that know what it is, for people that don’t know and for people that like links:
– Abbott & Costello’s Formal Thanksgiving provided by Radio Memories Network.
– Cute Thanksgiving paper crafts: Thanksgiving card, napkin rings, cornucopia nut cup, a bonbon box and The Mayflower.
– Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on Flickr (via Flickr Blog)
– Memories Can’t Wait selection of a few tunes in the spirit of the day.
– NYPL images of thanksgiving (because NYPL rocks!). There are many Thanksgiving ragamuffins pictures, cards, menus, Hymn of Thanksgiving, postcards and magazine covers.
– Thanksgiving Turkey Optical Illusion: an inventive cooking technique to use with the turkey.
– Turkey Facts: a big list of turkeys facts by i-pets.com blog.
– Turkey Fryers are a Huge Fire Hazard A good film to watch BEFORE you bust out that turkey deep fryer. I hope that some people leave the poor turkey alone, after saw that. (via MetaFilter)
– Two of the many Slashfood articles about thanksgiving: A Bad Bird (about the turkey) and Thanksgiving safety warnings
– WFMU’s Beware of the Blog has two links to A Thanksgiving Prayer from William S. Burroughs. “Thanksgiving Prayer” is a poem first included in the chapbook Tornado Alley. Director Gus Van Sant then put together this montage whose power derives almost solely from William S Burroughs’ reading and, perhaps, the strange sad-old-man expression of his staring eyes at the end. You can watch also on Devil Ducky and here.
– Wikipedia Thanksgiving article.
Where is the Google Thanksgiving logo? Well, this year they didn’t do it, but you can check the thanksgiving logos made on 1999, 2000 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.
Update: There is a Google logo for Thanksgiving here but I don’t know I didn’t see it. I also lost the Gmail logo, because I’m using the French version of it (to practice).
Top Posts & Pages