Creature Comforts

Trixie and Captain Cuddlepuss
Why did I never blog about Creature Comforts? Good question. If you appreciate the claymation you probably saw that wonderful short-film conceived which animals discuss life at the zoo, directed by Nick Park and produced by Aardman Animations. If you didn’t, watch it on AtomFilms (try QuickTime format if you use Firefox) or try this link.
The original film’s dialogue was created by interviewing residents of a housing development with shut-ins and zoo attendees. Claymation animation was then created that attributed the answers to zoo animals. The leopard speech is the best part of the video, hilarious indeed, and his voice is from a Brazilian friend of director Nick Park’s who hated England.
In 2003 Creature Comforts became a TV series in the same style, but unfortunately I never saw an episode. You will find many cool things on the TV series site, including some video excerpts and information about the production. Aardman also helped promote the Countryside Code using all new Creature Comforts characters and countryside sets of moorland, coast and farmland. The lovely characters are all over the site and there is the promotional video too.
PS.: just in case, if you want to know, my accent is much better than the leopard’s accent.

This entry was posted in animals, animation, fun, video and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Creature Comforts

1. P-E Fronning says:

Hey Bibi!
    I beat you to it:-) Posting Ardman that is. But I didn’t know that the zoo film could be found at Atomfilm. Thanks a million for that. It must be the best animation ever. The lion is great. Are all brazilians cranky when exposed to cold?

Not all the Brazilians but most of us. 🙂 I don’t care, but the winter on São Paulo is not so cold, well, it’s like spring for you, between 11ºC and 17ºC. If I had to choose between winter and summer here, I chose the winter.

3. P-E Fronning says:

Thank for your tips Bibi! I hadn’t seen the clip before. It looked great and I liked the giant rabbit a lot. Looking forward to the movie.

4. Bertrand says:

😀 Thanks very much for the link, it made my evening yesterday. Me too, “I’d like to get somewhere hotter… I don’t like getting rained on” 😀

5. Bibi's box says:

Wallace & Gromit

Aardman is synomin of claymation for me, I completely love their creations. How can someone resist to Wallace & Gromit? (And this is a cat person talking). The series are great, but the film, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, is …

6. Bibi's box says: