Ok, maybe just one entry to keep you busy.
After some posts about collection of album covers I decided to make this entry with a list of links about it. I posted some before and some are new. Starting with a new link suggested by Kevin that finds wonderful things on Flickr:
– 60’s & 70’s Asian Pop Record Covers Photo Gallery: This gallery contains scans of my ever-growing collection of rare 60’s and 70’s Asian pop singles.
– 70s & 80s Russian Record Covers: it’s a Flickr photoset with many photos of those vintage album. The collection belongs to the parents of the photographer.
– Bad Album Covers is a Flickr use that posts guess what? Images of Bad Album Covers, 200 of them! An impressive collection, but not so impressive as the bad taste of most of the covers.
– Album Cover Art by PopCult Magazine divide by theme.
– Bizarre Records: The Worst Album Covers In the World… Ever!
– Cover Heaven. This is the home of beautiful record covers from the 50’s to the 70’s.
– Epiclectic’s Vintage Vinyl exists for EVERYONE who owned a vinyl record, and enjoyed the album cover artwork – maybe even more than the music.
– Every Cover Tells a Story…:but some stories are more interesting than others!
– Frank’s Vinyl Museum: The Internet Home of Weird Records.
– Japanese Album Covers: I’m not sure about the “real” name of this small gallery of covers. It has some nice vintage covers of Japanese TV cartoons for children, probably from 1980’s, and their pamphlets.
– Knockoff Project: Album cover spoofs, goofs, tributes, send ups, near misses and coincidences.
– Museum of bad album covers: the worst album covers ever!
– Psychedelic Music-Rare Records: Psychedelic Music from the sixties.
– Rare Bollywood Lp Covers – a collection of albums from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s.
– Recordcovers Drawed by Comic Artists
– Sexy Album Covers – not all the covers are sexy and some are NSFW.
– Show and tell: a site that serves as sort of an orphanage for thrift store music and album cover art.
– The Online Guide to Whistling Records over 100 MP3s from whistlers records around the world, discographies, album covers and more.
– The worst album covers in the world, according to Joyce Drake, of Guardian Unlimited.
– The Worst Record Covers of All Time from Pitchfork Features, by Brent DiCrescenzo. I don’t think that those covers are too bad, I saw a lot of worse things in another sites.
– Vintage Vanguard: sixteen pages full of vintage album covers. Be patience while the pages load – they have lots of images.
And three of the favourite sites of Sebastian that have also some MP3s:
– FaLaLaLaLa: Preserving Memories of Christmas Vinyl Past.
– Sabadabada – a webpage devoted to Brazilian Bossa Nova, Balanço and Samba Records of the 1960’s.
– Weirdomusic: the darkest corners of the musical universe.
– Worst Album covers: not really. After all those links to scary albums this gallery of covers is almost nice. However, the 20 covers on it are very bad, including a classic creepy cover with ventriloquist dummy.
– Worst Album Covers: Not all album covers are created equal and this site is dedicated to the pursuit of the absolute worst – the nastiest, the funniest, and the wackiest – album art of all time. Each album cover has a comment and it’s perfect to browse by categories, if you are brave enough.
There are covers in common on those sites, but there are some “exclusive” on each of them. Be careful, and don’t visit all in the same day. It’s too much for a day.
Top Posts & Pages