The Golem (Der Golem)

Der Golem
Did I say that I love Internet Archive? Well, I love it! Now The Golem, the classic expressionist film directed ans starred by Paul Wegener is available to download. Super! Maybe someday I will find all those expressionists movies that I’m still looking for on Internet Archive.
Update: male.dei suggested a very nice German film portal link with sketches, poster and models from Der Golem. And if you like the silent German movies check out this link too.

This entry was posted in cinema and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The Golem (Der Golem)

1. João M. says:

Eu achei por lá o Cão Andaluz do Buñuel, já viu?

2. steff says:

Make sure to read Gustav Meyrink’s ‘Der Golem’. I kind of wish Rodriguez would make that into a film, too, after just having seen Sin City.
    cheers

3. maledei says:

it’s a great film. especially the expressionistic scenery is outstanding!
    check out the page on filmportal, (http://www.filmportal.de/df/21/Uebersicht,,,,,,,,BEF9494ADD804C6FBFB2C578CDBE2F8E,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.html ). you can find a nice poster, scetches and models from the Filmmuseum.
    And Meyrink’s Der Golem also is one of my favourite novels, steff. i’m amazed to see it mentioned here!

O Cão Andaluz eu vi algumas vezez e já vi que dá para baixar lá, só não coloquei aqui por preguiça mesmo. 🙂
    Thanks Steff, I will try. It’s no so easy find that stuff here. And about Sin City I saw last night: stunning! I love it!
    Thanks for the link maledei! And about see it here, well it’s no so strange because I love the German silent movies from the expressionism. One of my favourite, well it’s my favourite, cinema eras.

5. steff says:

Bibi,
    the German full-text version is on projekt gutenberg. You may have to search around for an english full-text version. Hope you find it, it’s wonderful.

Thanks Steff! 🙂