London Bomb Blasts

It’s not a good day; it started with bad news: London rocked by terror attacks. My thoughts for all the people that live in London. There are some news and photos on London Bomb Blasts Flickr group.
I took a look on the blogs that I read and saw that almost everybody is fine, because I didn’t have any news about Plep. Do anybody know about him?
Why people do this? Why so much hate? I don’t understand, I’m the that kind of people that hate war. I’m sorry for all those craziness. Take care fellows.
Update: I had some news about Plep from Chris and Plep. He is fine, and wrote about his day on London.

This entry was posted in blogging and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to London Bomb Blasts

1. MommyCool says:

None of us understand the hate. The terrorists sure are clever. What smart people to hurt and kill men, women, and even CHILDREN in the recent London bomb blasts. Now, world citizens will surely say, ?Okay, we give up, come control our lives with your ideologies.? Right? The problem with the leadership at al-Qaeda is that they haven?t figured out that people have no love for killers. Their point of view will only attract the very young and impressionable or the very old and desperate. They miss the largest demographic- law abiding citizens who want peace. If it?s the masses a group wants to affect, do something absolutely worthwhile and positive with the resources. Win hearts. The world may be talking about al-Qaeda , but it?s not in love with it and the goods it?s selling. Without winning hearts, MommyCool.com notes the change al-Qaeda hopes for will always be shallow.

2. Chris says:

Plep was on metafilter after the bombings. http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/43312

Thanks for the link Chris; I saw it after you post here. 🙂

4. plep says:

Hi! Thanks for your concern. Basically I was unable to get of of London or access my blog until the evening.
    This was my day :-
    I had a job interview today. I got London Liverpool Street
    Station early and was drinking coffee and reading the newspaper,
    which was full of the news of London winning the Olympic bid.
    When I walked out of the coffee shop, the police were swarming around the
    station. There had been a ‘muffled explosion’ in one of the nearby
    Underground tunnels, and they were evacuating. It was very calm.
    I didn’t realise how serious it was at this stage. The taxi and
    bus lines were full, so I decided to walk to the interview, about 15 minutes. It seemed strange that no taxis were stopping. And everyone coming in was late.
    Funnily enough, the HR person who arrived said the trains were
    messed up. But it wasn’t clear what had happened, as security alerts happen all the time in London.
    Both my interviewer and I had our mobile phones turned off during the interview,
    so we didn’t know what was happening outside. It lasted about an
    hour, I’d say.
    Anyway, on my way back to work after the interview,
    I decided to call the office to say I was
    on the way in, so I turned my mobile phone on. The mobile phone
    network was down, and as I got closer to the office, I was
    walking past closed Tube stations, and streets full of police,
    directing the small number of civilians civilians; and no road traffic except police, ambulances and the fire service, so it was clear something major was
    up.
    By the time I was in the office, of course, it was clear what
    had happened. Basically, everything was shut, and very
    very quiet on the trading floors. I caught up with a small amount
    of work to keep busy, but mostly followed the news on Reuters
    and the Internet. One lady had been on the bus behind the one that had been blown up. Some seemed a bit
    worried something else was going to happen, and while it was calm, there was an edge of concern. Someone else was coming in from Brighton, and called to say the station was closed. Some of us followed Reuters news and a couple of websites to
    keep up to speed with things. I think that keeping abreast of
    information helps people assess the situation rationally, so that
    was good.
    One of the ladies was worried about a hissing noise outside. With
    some trepidation, I stuck my face next to the window. It was the
    air conditioning, but none of us had noticed the noise it makes
    before.
    With the phones out and public transport out, there wasn’t much
    to do. Around 4 pm, some of us went to the pub, which was heaving
    with people. All stoical, true Blitz spirit (without being too
    maudlin). And the weather was good, so it was quite pleasant.
    Around 5, the stations had re-opened.
    I was one of the last people to leave my office, at 6 pm. By that time, the trains
    were mostly empty, as everyone had gone home.

I’m glad top hear good new about you. But I still sad for the people there all this story.

6. Eduardo Okuda says:

Oi Bibi, a morte ou ferimentos de seres humanos produzidos intencionalmente por outros seres humanos, não importa o agente ou o alvo, é sempre revoltante, mas os jovens (e os nem tanto) estão reagindo de maneira original: veja http://www.werenotafraid.com . Beijos.