Adam has a new post, that I liked, called The Web Way. The Web Way, as Adam said, is a philosophy toward Web-based services:
1. They should be as simple as possible, but no simpler.
2. They should have clean designs for user interfaces and clean designs for programming interfaces.
3. Where it’s useful, they should embrace REST.
4. Where it’s useful, they should embrace loose coupling.
5. Where it’s useful, they should embrace glorious, nonblocking, asynchronous pubsub. 😉
6. Where it’s useful, they should embrace microformats, a/k/a lowercase semantic web.
7. Where it’s needed, they should embrace the time-tested principles of Scalable Internet Architectures (three simple rules: optimize where it counts, complexity has its costs, and use the right tool).
But there are much more. So go there to read all the post and don’t forget to wish a happy birthday to him. Happy Birthday Adam!
Top Posts & Pages